The 2017 Cheerios Childline Breakfast Week will take place from Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd October.
We are asking as many people as possible - schools, creches, companies, coffee shops, friends and families - to come together, hold a breakfast event and raise much needed funds for Childline.
· All funds raised from Cheerio’s Childline Breakfast Week to fund Childline, the only the national active listening service for all children and young people in Ireland, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
· Childline is free, anonymous and confidential.
· Every year, over 400,000 calls are made by children and young adults to our phone line, text and online services.
· Childline is staffed by a team of volunteers and by staff members who train and supervise volunteers to ensure a consistent and high quality service to children and young people.
· Children call Childline for many reasons; they might just want to talk to someone, or may be lonely , upset, worried, or may have experienced trauma or abuse. When children contact Childline, they are seeking a listening ear and often feel that they have nowhere else to turn.
© ISPCC 2017